Booking your summer holiday early not only ensures you get the best range of holiday options available at your dream destination, it also allows you to take advantage of many early booking deals on offer.
Summer holidays may seem like a long way off when we have all this snow and cold weather, but before you know it summer will be here and all the best deals and hotels would have been taken.
To save yourself some money on your holiday here are a few tips:
- Booking early doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t mean having to pay up front. Many operators only require a deposit with the balance of your holiday paid closer to the time of travel.
- Paying with your credit card is not always recommended if you do not have the funds to pay it off at the end of the month, but it can protect you should the holiday resort go bankrupt, depending on what credit card you have and what protection they offer you.
- Exchanging your pounds to the currency of your destination before you get to the airport can save you money as it allows you to shop around and get the best exchange rates.
- Many holiday operators offer deals in January that can save you money in the long run.
- If the airline doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have food included in the flight it pays to buy beforehand at the airport to save you being charged exurbanite prices on the flight for a bag or crisps or a soft drink.
- Staying overnight at a local hotel that offers airport transfers and parking facility saves you having to pay airport parking charges for the duration of your holiday.